Title: How Millennials Are Reshaping Charity And Online Giving
Source Type: Audio Recording
Date: Oct 2014
Library Catalog: EBSCOhost
- Millennials have new patterns of spending and donating that involves the internet
- Reinvent charity, the way people think about giving, the way people give.
- To appeal to youngsters don’t even say donate – because they want to feel more invested in the cause
- Millennials have grown up in a world that is much more participatory because of the digital tools we have – they want to feel like they are making an investment – investing capital, as well as emotion.
- Any philanthropy without a smart digital platform – not just for donations but for empowering a community of givers will be left behind.
- Designers spend a lot of time finding ways to save their donors time
- Time is worth something – the thought of pulling out their credit card and fighting through a 3 or 4 page form is just too much.
- Charity waters big success with young donors is giving them a chance to call on their own real life social networks for help.
- Changing the old charity playbooks by choosing new technologies.